FINDING OLD BOTTLES THE EASY WAY
. OK, so you want to know where to find old bottles
? Assuming you have nowhere to dig for them, there are many places to
- First you should try a bottle show where you will be able to buy all types
of bottles. Details of shows are printed in all the major magazines.
- You will certainly find old bottles in antique and junk shops,
fleamarkets, collectors fairs, yard sales and car boot sales
- You can buy bottles in auctions. There are many bottle auction houses but
bottles do turn up in household auctions
- Try advertising for them in your local papers - some of these give free
- Ask you family and friends to look out for them - it is amazing what may
- Bottles can be picked up for free if you know where to look - in rivers,
on the beach after a storm, down old privies, buried in old town dumps and
quarries. You can even find them by diving.
Most old bottles are found by digging but this is not for the faint-hearted.
Ready to go digging ?